Saturday, September 22, 2012

e.l.f. (eyes lips face) Evil Everyday Eyes

My Review of Cruella, the makeup palette by e.l.f.


 So while I was at my local Walgreens, I noticed these 3 amazing little books with pictures of the villains from Disney stories. Inside these little gems were makeup palettes with how to instructions.  I chose Cruella because I love 101 Dalmations. So, here is what the front of the "book" looks like:

     Very cute in my opinion! When you open up this little book, you find a wonderful color palette that includes 8 eyeshadows, 2 lip and cheek color pencils, a bottle of eyeshadow primer, a bottle of liquid eyeliner, a set of false eyelashes, a bottle of eyelash glue, and a mirror. It also has a really cool step by step instruction guide for doing a "Day Evil" makeup version, and the "Night Villain" version. There is a flip page in the middle that will show you the look you are trying to accomplish while you are following the guide. Here are some pictures from the inside:

 Above you can see the cute mirror and the makeup palette. To the left is the Day Evil flip picture with step by step instructions. Below is the Night Villain flip picture with step by step instructions. 
 
      So now I will go over how I created the looks. I decided to do half of my face in the Day Evil and the other half in Night Villain. The first step I did was to apply my normal foundation. I am currently using "Some Kinda-a Gorgeous" in medium, made by Benefit. My next stop was to apply the eye primer. It comes out on a brush like a lipgloss does. The directions say to make sure you allow it to dry. After it is dry, I start on the left side of my face (right side in the pictures). 
     First, I apply the eyeshadows in the following order 1) puppy love- applied to the brow bone. 2) coat of dreams- applied to inner corner of eye as a highlighter. 3) cruelty- blended onto eyelid from lash line to crease. 4) sewage- applied and blended to the outer 1/3 of the eyelid and crease, building it as I went to create more definition.
     Next I applied the Day lip and cheek color. First I put about 10 little dots around my cheekbone and up the side of my cheek, then blended them together to create the blush. Following the blush and using the same pencil, I lined my lips and filled them in a bit.
      Off to the other side of my face, the right (left in the pictures). 
     First, I apply the eyeshadows in the following order 1) spotted- applied to the brow bone and the inner corner if my eye as a highlighter. 2) maniac- applied to the eyelid from the lash line to the crease. 3) little beasts- applied and blended to the outer 1/3 of the eye and the crease, building it to create more definition as I went. 4) extinction- applied a thin line on the crease of the eyelid to create depth. 
     Next up is the false eyelashes. I gently pulled one off of the tray and applied the glue in a thin line across the lash strip. Then, I let the glue dry a little until it became tacky. I slowly applied it to my eyelid right at the lash line working from the center out to each corner of the eye. Then, using the liquid eyeliner, I applied a line on the top to blend the line between the false lashes and my eyelid, and a line on my bottom lid as well.

*Note* I also applied my own mascara, Maybelline "The Falsies Volum' Express" in Black Drama, and then curled them. Also, I applied a clear gloss on my lips. 


So here are the pictures, I will let you decide what you think! Please feel free to leave comments!
  
And now, my review!
Overall I must say for the price of only $9.99, it is a great value. The blush and lip pencils are a lot easier to blend than I thought they would be. I have never used a pencil as a blush and was surprised at how easy it was to apply and blend into my skin. The eyeshadows were similar to other e.l.f. shadows. They are blendable but don't really have a lot of staying power, even with the primer that was included. The eyeliner was OK, nothing that blew me away. However, the false lashes did! They were very light and flexible, and the glue that was included was very easy to apply and had good holding power. I had to remove the eyelashes after about 8 hours, and the hold was still strong. Normally, I use Ardell eyelashes and I have to cut them to apply them, but these were flexible enough that there was no need to do that. So, I am giving these cute little kits a B+. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment